Using Desktop Monitor for PC & Console

lcw7412

Honorable
Jan 30, 2013
Hi guys,

I've recently bought a new desktop monitor which uses, what I believe to be, HDMI display port (https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-067-AC&groupid=17&catid=948) and from what I understand I can use this monitor to display PS4 as well, which also uses HDMI. Please do correct me if I am wrong.

But since there is only one display port and I would rather not crawl under my desk to my PC and plug it into my PS4 everytime I want to use one or the other, is there a viable and safe way to use both PS4 and PC with ONE monitor that has one display port?

I've been looking through Amazon and such and came across HDMI cable splitter, but I am uncertain as to whether if this is safe to use with desktop monitor and not T.V.

If anyone could be so kind to educate me on this matter, I would deeply appreciate it. Also if someone can link or recommend HDMI Splitter for this purpose that would be so wonderful. Thanks a lot!

lcw7412

Honorable
Jan 30, 2013

Thank you for the suggestion, so I take it that, the 'Output' socket is for the HDMI that goes into the monitor and just hook up 2 additional HDMI cable (1 for PS4 and the other for PC) into input?

Also JUST to make sure, is my monitor HDMI cable or something else? It certainly looks like one.

lcw7412

Honorable
Jan 30, 2013

So it turns out that my monitor actually uses DP cable and not HDMI, will this method still work tho if I get a DP to HDMI adapter?