I need profile password help

NoizyBoyStatic

Reputable
Apr 2, 2015
Ok so I have been logging in with face book and really don't want to do it like that any more so I added my email address which for some reason took me 3 tries to receive the confirmation email. So I finally got that changed and now its time for password I tried changing my password but I didn't have one to begin with so I tried leaving current password blank and that didn't work. So then I logged out and entered my email and clicked forgot password and the email never showed up and Ive tried resending the forgot password email 5 times now and still have not received it. And before you ask YES I checked to make sure I entered my email correctly. Thank You for any advice you offer.

harryfishrules

Reputable
Jun 26, 2015

First of all, we don't help with password related issues at all. Secondly, there is nothing that we can do, you need to contact Facebook support. There's an FB article on this sort of issue here: https://www.facebook.com/help/418876994823287/

NoizyBoyStatic

Reputable
Apr 2, 2015
Your right @ssddx it has nothing to do with facebook it is just me trying to set up my account the right way on toms hardware I just don't use facebook at all and actually hate it with a passion and don't really want it associated with anything and just want to be able to sign in with a email and password

natcparis

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2008
Hi there, I'm working for Tom's and I can just confirm that 2 "recover password" emails went out for you, NoizyBoyStatic.
Beware that it might fall under the "Promotions" tab of your mailbox, if there's one.
Also, we know that we regularly have issues with your email provider, who will sometimes delay our emails, even important ones like this one. Pity :(

NoizyBoyStatic

Reputable
Apr 2, 2015

OK I will have a look again. I already sent a PM to TIt and he has not responded yet.