Can two 980Ti run 3 1440p Monitors?

PublicNemessis

Reputable
May 11, 2015
I am a big fan of racing sims and therefore I want to have 3 1440p monitors set up in an ergonomic stand. The three monitors I chose were Acer 27' IPS Panels.

The PC would have a 5960X and two G1 Gaming Gigabyte 980Ti in SLI. Can the two cards run recent games on Ultra settings with good framerate in surround? Or is it even possible?

How would I set up the Monitors in regards to which card should power two Monitors?

Another thing is that I would only game on the three monitors for racing, the rest of the games I play, for example Arma III would only run in the middle monitor.

Any help is appreciated, and other recommendations as well.

Solution
in racing games? totally. those are far from being demanding, and you should have a very nice gaming experience. even on some higher end games like FPS's and open world games (like GTA V) you should have a very nice gaming experience.
it doesnt matter to which cards you connect it too, because when running sli (not like crossfire), you can connect any monitor to any card, and then just setup surround in the driver, BUT, the best thing to do is probably connect all of the three displays into the first card into it's three displayports.

enjoy your new system! its a total beast.

davidarad02

Admirable
in racing games? totally. those are far from being demanding, and you should have a very nice gaming experience. even on some higher end games like FPS's and open world games (like GTA V) you should have a very nice gaming experience.
it doesnt matter to which cards you connect it too, because when running sli (not like crossfire), you can connect any monitor to any card, and then just setup surround in the driver, BUT, the best thing to do is probably connect all of the three displays into the first card into it's three displayports.

enjoy your new system! its a total beast.

Solution

PublicNemessis

Reputable
May 11, 2015

Thanks David I appreciate the help!