Windows 10 64 Bit vs Windows 10 32 Bit?

G

I have Win7 32 bit and so i wanted to know if I could upgrade to win 10 64 bit. By the reserved free upgrade I have. Is it possible?
And if I can't will win 10 32 bit effect my performance?

Solution
Yes, but if you want to switch to Windows 10 64 bit, you will have to manually download the 64 bit Windows 10 .ISO and do a custom install over your current Windows 7 32 bit installation. Not exactly sure when the ISOs will be available, though.

Out of curiosity, what is your laptop specs?
You should be fine. Why not go ahead and download the preview and give it a test run? That will let you know for sure.

Below is the system requirements for Windows 10. Basically, if your PC can run Windows 8.1, you’re good to go. If you're not sure, don't worry—Windows will check your system to make sure it can install the preview.

Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster

RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)

Free hard disk space: 16 GB

Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver

A Microsoft account and Internet access

Best of luck to you!

G

I have all qualifications listed above, so can I upgrade to 64 Bit?

Yes, but if you want to switch to Windows 10 64 bit, you will have to manually download the 64 bit Windows 10 .ISO and do a custom install over your current Windows 7 32 bit installation. Not exactly sure when the ISOs will be available, though.

Out of curiosity, what is your laptop specs?

Solution
it is hard to say because MS has not released all the information yet about the upgrade. assuming MS keeps everything the same as past windows releases installs you will be able to move to 64-bit from 32. you would just have to upgrade to the 32-bit version first to make you eligible for the free upgrade first

G

I get it now, A fresh install of Windows 10 64 will be needed. Thanks :D
My computer specs are
Core i3 2120 3.3 Ghz
2 GB ram
Nvidia GeForce 750Ti 2 GB
That's all the important stuff I guess

rdc85

Honorable

If u means from win7 32bit update it to win10 64bit automatically then no, it will be win10 32bit...

If u scrap old os and reinstall win7 64bit then update it to win10 64bit automatically, yes u can do that..
u can also scrap old os and reinstall win10 64bit directly whey it's come out...
(but need to pay retail price.. If I'm correct.)