Looking to get my second monitor

Obrine

Reputable
May 15, 2015
So just a few things i guess is that i am wondering how large i should go when buying a monitor obviously i want the resolution to be 1920x1080 but i am unsure what size in inches i should go for. The monitor i have atm is quite small it must be 19" or 20" it is 1600x900 so it will be my secondary monitor once i purchase another monitor.

So could you recommend me a great monitor for around £150-£200 that would be awesome :)

Solution
What he said^^ :D

I didnt have much luck with a 27inch. It was a bit too big for my desk and i had to sit quite close. (Due too small bedroom)

But it was maybe the cheap brand more than size of screen. I got it from a supermarket a good few years back. That says it all really!

Hope you find something!

ApedUp

Reputable
Apr 27, 2014
I have this monitor and it is pretty decent, the reasoning behind this is that it has a height/ tilt/ rotate-able stand which is really handy but for slightly more money you can get this which is curved, however it lacks the amazing stand which the other monitor has.

sharndowg

Honorable
Jul 30, 2014
What will you be using the monitor for? gaming? normal computer use? There are generally 2 panel types to choose from. TN and IPS.

Also, how close will you be sitting in front of the screen? if you sit rather close i wouldn't recommend anything bigger than around 24" as with 1920x1080 you may start to see the pixels.

Amazon have great Asus monitors all within your buget (im not familiar with other companies really), try these:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00A4K9KVG/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=569136327&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B001KAQKNA&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=132JPNFZ4DNXPN6GMVKK

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-VX248H-1920x1080-non-glare-1000/dp/B00TY1CH6Q/ref=sr_1_8?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1436287203&sr=1-8&keywords=asus+vx24+monitor

I'm sure someone else can give you some advice on different companies :D

To clarify;

To say that a (in most cases) a 27" 1080 will look bad, because you'll be able to see pixels, is as far from accurate as one can get. Viewing distance is indeed the key. The difference between a 24 (23.6") and a 27" monitor is basically ZERO. To compensate for the larger monitor, you want to sit no further away than 5 inches than you normally would from a 24". Also, to say that one can see pixels is also not correct. It's when we are able to see the pixel structure, not pixels. Huge difference.

---

Recommending a monitor is going to be tough, without knowing what you will be using it for.

sharndowg

Honorable
Jul 30, 2014
What he said^^ :D

I didnt have much luck with a 27inch. It was a bit too big for my desk and i had to sit quite close. (Due too small bedroom)

But it was maybe the cheap brand more than size of screen. I got it from a supermarket a good few years back. That says it all really!

Hope you find something!

Solution