Triple monitor issue

xyzWarrior

Honorable
Mar 14, 2013
Hi, I'm using a HD 7970 and R9 280x in crossfire running triple monitor, with r9 280x as my primary card. I connect my monitors to the HDMI, DVI, and DP port on my GPU. The HDMI connects directly from the monitor without the adapter, the DP connects with HDMI - DVI - active DP, and the DVI connects with HDMI - DVI. I have this setup running for a few weeks just fine, but recently I got an issue with this. Sometimes, the monitor which is connected to the DVI port won't display anything. Windows would only shows on the monitors connected to the DP and HDMI ports, but it seems that windows is 'trying' to detect the third monitor, because I would get a 'new hardware sound; once every a few second, and every time it makes that sound, both my working screen will go black for a while and then turns on again, and the DVI monitor light indicator will turn white from orange (white means it's getting signal, orange means standby) for a while, then it says no signal and turns orange again. But if I leave this for like 10 - 20 minutes, Windows will eventually detect the DVI monitor. But after a while it will go undetected again and it repeats again. And sometimes, if I spam the detect button on display settings, it will detect the monitor, but if I press the detect button when it's detected, it will become undetected again. AMD CCC won't detect this monitor too. I can confirm that the DVI port is working fine, and the HDMI - DVI adapter is fine too because I have tested it on another monitor/computer. Note that all 3 monitors and from the same brand and same model, AOC I2476VWM.

Any help would be appreciated.

TRENDING THREADS