Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
This is a computer and hardware-related technical forum, although you may find a few people who know their way around a kitchen. You might try cooks.com, recipes.com, or google for "America's Test Kitchen" to get pancake recipes.
One thing I will definitely throw out there though, is you want to avoid partially hydrogenated vegetable oils (e.g. Crisco, margarine, "lard" that isn't), in the recipe, or on the pan. That stuff is industrial waste, not a food (not even bugs will eat it).
This is a computer and hardware-related technical forum, although you may find a few people who know their way around a kitchen. You might try cooks.com, recipes.com, or google for "America's Test Kitchen" to get pancake recipes.
One thing I will definitely throw out there though, is you want to avoid partially hydrogenated vegetable oils (e.g. Crisco, margarine, "lard" that isn't), in the recipe, or on the pan. That stuff is industrial waste, not a food (not even bugs will eat it).

Solution
The prepackaged mixes are pretty easy, and certainly passable, except that I've discovered they all seem to contain industrial waste. If I found one without it (even if it meant adding a pat of butter, a cap of oil, or using buttermilk), I'd definitely use it.

William Norberg

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013

They are fine, but break apart way too easily.

I can follow directions and build the mix ok. It's the cooking that always gets me. I start them, and always move the next task in my multi-tasking life, and by the time I get back... they aren't edible.

William Norberg

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013

Crispy, but risky...

William Norberg

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013

But when i try to flip them, they become Scrammled eggs.

I make the pancakes in a 12" fry pan, with just a minimal amount of vegetable oil (canola). I make 3 to 4 at a time. When the top starts to show bubbles, it is time to flip it. They only need to be cooked another 25-30% on the reverse side before taking them off.

William Norberg

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013

Would strawberries taste good instead of jam? They are pretty juicy...

D

Deleted member 217926

I think we should change this section to "Cooking and Leisure" since this post has more responses in a day than most threads in here get in 6 months :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS