BenQ XL2411Z Eye strain?

Blindside

Reputable
Jul 9, 2015
I just recently bought an BenQ XL2411z 144hz monitor. While using it though I feel that I have a hard time looking at it in general. Especially when reading words on a webpage my eyes will get out of focus and a bit tired. My previous monitor was a Asus VW246H which i believe is also a TN panel which I had no problems with. Is it normal to have this experience when going from 60Hz to 144hz? Does it take time to get used to it? I have tried to mess with the settings on the XL2411z as much as possible and looked at different solutions and profiles around the web but it seems to still be hard on the eyes. Anyone have any suggestions?

Blindside

Reputable
Jul 9, 2015

it seems a bit better but still hard to look at consistently.

Blindside

Reputable
Jul 9, 2015

Got the brightness around 30 the last couple of days. almost matches my old display. Seems like the text is a tad pixelated on this monitor compared to my old display which I think is the real problem. Gaming seems to be pretty good on it, but looking and reading text is literally a huge headache. I may just take it back and try the Asus equivalent.

"Practice long hours with clear, comfortable vision or compete with top-notch vision condition with BenQ's new Low Blue Light. The blue spectrum light, which is produced by regular computer screens, has potential concerns of eyestrain, headaches and sleeping disorders in excess amounts. Now with the offering of various adjustable low blue light levels built directly into the monitor, gamers can practice and play longer with improved focus without the need for yellow tinted eyeglasses for additional eye protection."

You may want to try the tinted eyeglasses. This is a TN panel, and I prefer IPS as the colors look more organic and saturated to me.

You can also try software such as F.lux to adjust the color temp during the day to match the time of day.

https://justgetflux.com/

If the underlying cause though it pixelated text, you may simply be better off with a different monitor. Asus is often a good choice.

TRENDING THREADS