how to reinstall windows 10 insider buid on my ssd ?

sam002fc

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2014
hello i know its a weird question but i have a Transcend TS 128G SSD 370 and i use it as my system drive and cloned it from my old HDD's C drive so now what i have to do to format or erase i am bit noob and my ssd utilit says my system os is not supported for secure erase
plz explain what i gonna do to reinstall fresh windows copy on my SSD again
i am currently running a win 8.1 x64 bit os

Solution
There is no need to 'secure erase' your SSD if you are keeping it. Secure erase is only necessary if, for example, you are selling it (or you are returning it to be checked for a fault) but you want to ensure that none of your data can be recovered .

You just need to format it in the usual manner for a Windows install. You can do that with the Windows installation media whilst running 'Windows Setup'.

Let's assume you did secure erase it. That doesn't format it anyway, it just returns the SSD to it's "out of the box" state. So you would still have to format anyway before you could use it again.
There is no need to 'secure erase' your SSD if you are keeping it. Secure erase is only necessary if, for example, you are selling it (or you are returning it to be checked for a fault) but you want to ensure that none of your data can be recovered .

You just need to format it in the usual manner for a Windows install. You can do that with the Windows installation media whilst running 'Windows Setup'.

Let's assume you did secure erase it. That doesn't format it anyway, it just returns the SSD to it's "out of the box" state. So you would still have to format anyway before you could use it again.

Solution