Looking for $650-$700 gaming PC build.

G

I am looking to build a fairly powerful gaming PC with a spending range of up to around $700 maybe even a little higher. I would like to play games at 60 frames per second while also looking noticeably better than the current consoles (PS4, XBOX ONE) I especially want to be able to run open world games such as Fallout, Elder Scrolls, The Witcher 3 etc.. much better than consoles. Like I said 60fps and 1080p is preferred. Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated! Finally making the move to PC gaming after wanting to for quite a long time :)

G

It does not. I should have specified.

wewum

Reputable
Aug 30, 2014

Do you live in the U.S? If you do, do you have a Micro Center near you, and if you don't, what country do you live in?

G

I do live in the U.S, but I'm pretty sure there isn't a Micro Center near me.

wewum

Reputable
Aug 30, 2014

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sXDsQ7

If you can spend a little bit more, I would advise you to purchase a 120GB SSD.

G

I'm new to all of this so I feel stupid asking but what would that add to it? What is an SSD? Thanks!

wewum

Reputable
Aug 30, 2014

An SSD is a Solid State Drive. It is fast, expensive storage that allows loading times to be significantly decreased. So, if you were to put your OS on it, your computer would boot up much faster, and putting games on it would significantly help as well.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/crucial-internal-hard-drive-ct128mx100ssd1 is a good example that would fit in your build perfectly.

G

Is it just loading times that it helps with? I could hold off on that for a little bit longer if so.

wewum

Reputable
Aug 30, 2014

They are also more durable, cooler, and have no moving parts. You don't have to get one, it's just a recommendation. :)

G

Okay thanks :) I would definitely get one later on, but on a budget right now I think I'll hold off. So you're confident this is a decently powerful build? How would a game such as Skyrim run on this?

wewum

Reputable
Aug 30, 2014

Ultra, 1080p, at higher than 60 fps.

G

Wow that would be extremely awesome.

wewum

Reputable
Aug 30, 2014

Yes, it is. :)

kasol kay

Honorable
Mar 22, 2013

Edit: deleted

G

Well thanks for all the help friend! I'll definitely consider this build. It's a strong possibility.

kasol kay

Honorable
Mar 22, 2013
I have an r9 280x/7970/380x myself, Very balanced build by the way, odd how Z97 costs almost the same as H97. I can run the Witcher 3 at around 60FPS medium/high presets, And Skyrim around 90/110 FPS ultra preset's without visual mods or ENB's. You could maybe skimp on the motherboard a bit, but I don't know if something like H81 works without a UEFI update. Same thing for the PSU Seasonic are amazing but a little expensive, maybe a cheap EVGA one would suffice. Hope this helps, best of luck. :)

Edit: Fallout can run on stopwatches, unless you mean the upcoming one which runs on the Skyrim engine. It shouldn't be too demanding or even close to the Witcher. For mice I would recommend anything from Zowie, My friend has a Logitech G402 too heavy for my taste, still good though. For displays I don't have any recommendations, also response times don't really matter. My rank is DMG in CS:GO by the way if that means anything, and I haven't noticed a difference, very subjective though. Unless you are doing doing anything like 3D modeling, editing, Photoshop, ignore IPS, unless you have cash to blow. Very long "Edit" sorry about that.