Status
Not open for further replies.

DarlaLamb

Reputable
Jul 12, 2015
I just sent this email to HP...

I have had it with them

Hello,

I recently purchased a few ink cartridges for my printers. I have to say that I am utterly appalled! What HP has done is inexcusable.

I used to do a lot of printing privately for a few small companies (friends) that needed business cards or letterheads, etc. The ink cartridges at that time, were rated for (and printed), 1000 pages based on 5% coverage.

We recently volunteered to help out an area stock car racing track by offering to provide printouts with information on drivers and sponsors, and future races. We decided that 100 pages printed on both sides would be sufficient.

WELL!! The ink cartridge ran out during the printing!!! I had the printing set to draft, and the ink usage set to low. I discovered, to my dismay, that your “new” cartridges are only rated for 190 pages???????? Yes, I know you provide so-called XL series, but they are even only rated for 400 or so pages.

Let me inform you of a few VERY IMPORTANT facts.

We live in a rural area.

We are 16km from the nearest towns. NEITHER towns have businesses that sell ink cartridges.
We are approximately 45-50 minutes from the nearest LARGER town that would sell ink cartridges.

THANK GOD I had purchased cartridges for my other printers, so I could complete the printing!

For years I used to purchase and promote HP products based on reliability and customer service. I will no longer do that.

HP, along with every other company, is trying to gouge the average citizen for everything they can get. They reduce the size of their products creating a need to purchase more. Sometimes they increase the price while reducing the size. I had an HP laser printer that I had won. When the cartridges ran dry, I went to purchase replacements. HOW DARE YOU!!!! $90 + for EACH toner cartridge, and I needed FOUR!

I WILL NO LONGER SUPPORT a business that is actively trying to gouge their customers.

Have a great day, and good luck with your business.

I will find another company to rely on.

Darla Lamb

You seem to be getting confused between ink cartridges and toner cartridges.

We live in a rural area.

We are 16km from the nearest towns. NEITHER towns have businesses that sell ink cartridges.
We are approximately 45-50 minutes from the nearest LARGER town that would sell ink cartridges.
How is any of this HP's problem? They control pricing and how much toner is in them, but it's hardly their fault that you didn't do the maths to check you had enough ink/toner.

You bought/won/used a printer designed for personal use. You then went on to use it to print something business-scale. You may as well buy a Corolla then wonder why you can't fit enough fuel in it to pull a trailer 2000km...

Status
Not open for further replies.