Poor video quality

skillsboy

Reputable
Jul 10, 2015
I bought recently a new pc, and the quality watching all kind of videos ( youtube,stream...) are very poor. Even watching them on HD or SOURCE they look terrible. Before this new pc the quality looked lot better, and had a worse GPU.

Solution
if the problem exists for just one type of online video (say flash for example) its likely an issue with the flash software and not something on your pc.

i would say if games played on your pc, the desktop and most programs, dvds physically played in your pc and other types of video content (non flash based) look fine then its an issue with the flash player. in which case you could try disabling hardware acceleration in the settings.

if the problem persists across multiple online formats as well as with video played via dvd or other means then it might be something deeper. perhaps a setting in your graphics drivers, you could try making sure you are up to date or that nothing looks out of place. also make sure you have any old drivers...
G

Laptop or desktop?
If a laptop, what model?
If a desktop, what GPU do you have?
If a desktop, what kind of monitor are you using?

skillsboy

Reputable
Jul 10, 2015

Its a desktop, asus radeon r9 270 GPU and a full hd 1080p asus monitor.

skillsboy

Reputable
Jul 10, 2015

Yes im using the same monitor, hdmi cable, same resolution 1920 x 1080, the settings im not sure where to see that.
Problem is that for example im watching a twitch stream in source but image looks like medium or worse, same works for youtube videos and other kind of films.

G

Have you updated your browser, installed video codecs (K-Lite Codec Pack for example), installed flash, etc? Technically videos should either work or not (codecs shouldn't really affect quality, but worth a shot).

Also, is this just from streams such as YouTube/Twitch or is it from downloaded videos as well?

skillsboy

Reputable
Jul 10, 2015

My browser is upated i tried mozilla / google chrome but same quality.
I dint install video codecs so i can have a try on them.
Flash i installed because mozilla asked for it for watching twitch stream.
I havent tried downloading videos so i will have a try but i think it will be the same problem.
Its just strange because a can play games like cs go, H1Z1, etc with good quality but videos not

G

Try downloading a video (as well as the codecs, but they really shouldn't make a difference) and then post back with the results.

if the problem exists for just one type of online video (say flash for example) its likely an issue with the flash software and not something on your pc.

i would say if games played on your pc, the desktop and most programs, dvds physically played in your pc and other types of video content (non flash based) look fine then its an issue with the flash player. in which case you could try disabling hardware acceleration in the settings.

if the problem persists across multiple online formats as well as with video played via dvd or other means then it might be something deeper. perhaps a setting in your graphics drivers, you could try making sure you are up to date or that nothing looks out of place. also make sure you have any old drivers from your old card removed.

Solution

skillsboy

Reputable
Jul 10, 2015

I tried what you said but it didn't do a difference

skillsboy

Reputable
Jul 10, 2015

I downloaded a video but it still has poor image, i didnt use my old card on this pc so i dont have old drivers.
I think i will try installing the old card to look if that's the problem.