Any good dinner recipes that are simple to make?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution

Give me your geek card, I'm going to punch it. The soda of choice is always, ALWAYS Mountain Dew. The only thing Coke is good for is a mixer with rum or cheap whiskey. The non-IT world runs on coffee by the way, lots more caffeine, way cheaper, and it won't make you fat like the stereotypical helldesk operator. One Monster pounder that a nerd might knock back has about as much caffeine as a smallish cup of coffee (160 mg.) You know you are in one of a select few sucky professions when you start to measure your coffee consumption not in cups per day but in pots per day. For example, your local hospital weathers natural disasters, multiple drug shortages, JCAHO and CMS...

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
Chicken Parm

Dip boneless chicken breast into flour, egg, then bread crumbs. Then its on to the fryer you can either deep fry or pan fry. When done move into pan with pasta sauce spread on bottom, put a little sauce on top of chicken, then add as much cheese as you can handle, then its off to a 375F oven for about 10-15 min or until chesse is starting to turn golden brown in the corners.

TomsCooking, we need it now lol.

Boil chicken until tender/edible with salt, fish sauce, chopped garlic, grinned pepper and sliced ginger.
Simply put everything together in one pot or pan.
You can either buy a whole chicken and cut it yourself or just buy chicken parts from the market.
Note: all spices to taste.

For more laziness:
- Chopped garlic can be replaced with garlic powder
- Sliced ginger can also be replaced with ginger powder
- Buy pepper powder instead of grinding it yourself

To be eaten with rice...not raw rice...
Boiling uncle ben's rice is easy :)

That is my lazy recipe, almost as easy as preparing instant noodle.

crock pot mac and cheese.
cook one box 16 once of elbo mac for 10 min. strain and drop into crock pot.
use one can of condced milk and a cup of half and half milk
two pounds of cheese...
heat on low for 3-4 hours.
add extra milk and cheese to taste
top it off with some bread crumbs or some meat.

easy steak tips or steak marinade.
if making steak tips...pick up some London broil or other cheap steak.
cut into cubes and then use some Worcestershire sauce and garlic.
with garlic you can use dry flakes or jar.
let in soak in a sealed bowl for 24 hours.
turn the meat every 4 hours.
for whole steaks...fork the steak first then let it sit for 24 hours.

for ribs...use some rootbeer to soak them in for 24 hours.

Go buy roast beef steak.
Cut the steak to your liking.
Leave the steak meat on room temperature for at least 2 hours. (assuming that the steak is not frozen)
Prepare a non-stick flat pan.
Heat the pan with a wee bit olive oil.
Put the steak in the hot pan.
Let is cook for about 2-3 minutes and turn it up side down.
Salt the upper side (cooked side) and give some pepper powder. (all to liking)
After another 2-3 minutes, take the steak out of the pan and out on the plate.
Salt and pepper the other side, which you did not salt and pepper yet.
Eat the steak with anything you want, bread, french fries, etc.

gropouce

Distinguished
May 1, 2011

:peur:

Salmon en Papillote:
salmon fillet
fresh mozzarella slice
tomato slice
olive oil
salt
pepper
lemon juice

place salmon fillet in the middle of an aluminum foil (a sheet by salmon fillet)
salt
pepper
a few drops of lemon juice
place the tomato slice on salmon
place the slice of mozzarella (you can put more than one slice for these two ingredients)
an little olive oil (two tablespoons)

Close the aluminum sheet

35 minutes in the oven heated to 210 °

Give me your geek card, I'm going to punch it. The soda of choice is always, ALWAYS Mountain Dew. The only thing Coke is good for is a mixer with rum or cheap whiskey. The non-IT world runs on coffee by the way, lots more caffeine, way cheaper, and it won't make you fat like the stereotypical helldesk operator. One Monster pounder that a nerd might knock back has about as much caffeine as a smallish cup of coffee (160 mg.) You know you are in one of a select few sucky professions when you start to measure your coffee consumption not in cups per day but in pots per day. For example, your local hospital weathers natural disasters, multiple drug shortages, JCAHO and CMS site visits, and legions of hypochondriacs and drug seekers with nary the bat of an eye. But take away their coffee and the entire works grinds to a screeching halt. Been there, raided the sample cabinets for ibuprofen because of it...

Most dinner recipes are pretty simple and do not take long to prepare. My wife likes to look for recipes in Cook's Magazine (highly recommended) and allrecipes.com. If you can follow instructions to assemble a computer, you can assemble a meal, it's pretty simple. Don't substitute ingredients, use good ingredients (e.g. actual fruits and vegetables) and don't overcook and you're 95% of the way there.

Solution

Cazauxx

Reputable
Jul 10, 2015

Agreed, I prefer Mountain Dew over Coke, I'm not a big fan of sodas though for some reason.
Ill have to check out those food sites.

deadfish

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
buy a slow cooker... all you do is after some minor prep... dump everything in... set it for a few hours... go to work.. come home to cooked meal that is kept warm till you come home. Or go to bed and wake up to awesome oatmeal mixes, etc. We use ours everyday.

I couldn't live on just that, I'd get so sick off that. :D

There are lots of simple recepies. One I do all the time is scrambled eggs:

1. Heat up a medium sized pan.
2. Put oil or butter in the pan. But make sure the pan isn't too hot where the butter/oil is burning up.
3. Put however many eggs you wish into the pan.
4. Scramble & put salt on top of it.
5. Add cheese.
6. All done!

It takes me less than 5 minutes to do all that. Easy peasy.

Here's another one: Melted Cheese & Bread

1. Get a some french bread or sourdough bread (you can use regular bread, but it tastes so good with french/sourdough).
2. Slice cheese and put on top of bread. I recommend raw chedder cheese. Yum!
3. Set oven to low.
4. Put bread on a pan and put it in the oven.
5. Wait until cheese is completely melted then take it out of oven.
6. Ready to eat! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.