fx-6300/M5A78L-M usb3/ Sapphire R9 270X overclocking question please.

Michael Camp

Reputable
Jul 13, 2015
Want to overclock my Sapphire R9 270X and need to now about power consumption.I have the Sapphire R9 270x 2Gb dual fans... Out of the box it had a clock of 1070 and MEM clock 1400...

I have a 500w PSW 80+ rated and my whole system just consists of the motherboard, PSU (AMD FX-6300) at stock 3500 (NO BOOST), and two HDD both 7800 rps WD. I don't use dvd/cd rom at all ...

So my question is; with that MB and those two HDD and the FX-630 stock (No OC, No Boost, stock 6500Ghz) can I over clock the Sapphire R9 270x past that 1070/1400?

In Graphics Overdrive (AMD) I have already put the POWER LIMITS to +10% and OC the card to 1100/1500 and ran GTA V on highest for over a hour without even a cough .. while having a live streaming surf event online playing in firefox and Musicbee running and playing music. (I even let the ingame GTA V PLAY its music)

What I am asking you pro overclockers is this. If I can do all that for over a hour and the card never got over 65c .. and the CPU never got over 52c ... IS THIS STABLE??

KKAW

Admirable

PSU model please?

Also try atleast 1 more other way of testing the stability i would recommend MSI Kombustor and check for artifacts or screen tearing, if not you should be good to go! Make sure the graphics card is under 85C when using Kombustor for an hour.

Michael Camp

Reputable
Jul 13, 2015
Coolmax zx-500 80+ rated... on the PSU .. I still have GTA V open while I am typing this .. and musicbee and it's been hours now .. and not stutters or nothing .. I did set vsync always in ccc with thier buffering ( seems to really keep the temps down in vid card) ...

read back I don't have anything else running on my system other than two 7200rps WD hdd drives... MD/CPU/GPU and two drives..

Michael Camp

Reputable
Jul 13, 2015
I've had the game running .. firefox ... two videos running (continuously I keep clicking side videos in youtube using HTML5) for hours now ...

not a stutter or problem... Am I ok?

Michael Camp

Reputable
Jul 13, 2015
Oh I have HDTV with 60Mhz so I set Vsynch always on and their buffering which helped tremendously after I did that ... the card temps went down from the low 70's to 60-65 after I did that also...

KKAW

Admirable

Can you try to organize what you are saying ... It's very hard to understand and i don't really want to spend like 5 minutes reading all this.

TRENDING THREADS