BenQ RL2455HM How do I disable auto-adjust display mode?

Strid3r_2442

Honorable
Jul 13, 2015
Hello,

This is my first thread. I've used this website for answers before but never needed to ask a question. However, I can't seem to find an answer anywhere.

So, my monitor (BenQ RL2455HM) auto-adjusts the display mode. My desktop is 1920x1080 (16:9) but I play Counter-Strike: Global Offensive at 1024x768 (4:3). My monitor recognises that my resolution has changed and automatically changes my display mode to 1:1 whenever I launch/tab into the game, then changes to Full when I tab out to desktop or close the game.

I would like to disable the auto-switch and just keep to full display mode otherwise I have to keep changing the display mode to full every time I launch or tab into CS: GO

Cheers in advance,
Jack Comer
(Strid3r_2442)

Solution
''When you connect a digital video output using a digital (DVI or HDMI) cable to your monitor, the Auto Adjustment function will be disabled, because the monitor will automatically display the best image''

since your monitor decides which image is best and that is 4:3 for 1024x768 res and 1:1 maping i guess you will have to live with it.!:)
are you running with a vga (dsub) analog cable? according to Benq RL2455HM

''When you connect a digital video output using a digital (DVI or HDMI) cable to your monitor, the Auto Adjustment function will be disabled, because the monitor will automatically display the best image''

if you are running with digital input you should be using Full Display Mode! (select through monitors display options)

Strid3r_2442

Honorable
Jul 13, 2015

No I'm using HDMI.

What I'm saying is, I want to use full at all times but because my desktop is 16:9 and my CS:GO is 4:3, it switches to 1:1 automatically rather than staying at full.

since your monitor decides which image is best and that is 4:3 for 1024x768 res and 1:1 maping i guess you will have to live with it.!:)

Solution