R9 380 vs 280X if Sapphire VaporX Tri-X is too big

Muziko88

Reputable
Jul 14, 2015
My problem is that the Sapphire VaporX R9 280X Tri-X is too big for my case and I'd need to go with another 280X like the Sapphire Dual-X.
As the 280X and the 380 cost roughly the same I'm thinking about getting the 380 because it should be more silent than the 280X (except for the VaporX mentioned above) and uses less power. Performance-wise I think I'll be fine with the 380, too.
What do you guys think, would you still definitely advise me to buy a 280X over the 380?
I'll be playing on Full HD for the near future so the 3GB vs 4GB should not really matter in this topic.

Muziko88

Reputable
Jul 14, 2015

Hmm, okay. The MSI card would be small enough, can anyone recommend it?

like anything else you buy you try and hope it don't make you cry

with any brand theres always that chance of getting the lemon ??

if msi got a card I like and good features at a price point that fills all my needs I don't mind running them ?? just like with powercolor gets a bad rap but so far my powercolor cards do a fine job -0- issues ?? matter of fact they replaced 2 ''better'' sapphire cards that just were not so good .. so you choose one and keep them fingers crossed

Deepanshu Singh

Reputable
Mar 3, 2015

yup! MSI is good. I'll personally recommend any of Asus, MSI and Sapphire have used them till now not even a single problem faced.