PSU fried my components and monitor showed no signal, built a completely new PC and still no signal?

sandrathe209

Reputable
Jul 14, 2015
So my PSU fried about three weeks ago, and my monitor showed that there was no signal however the graphics card fan was still going. I assumed that the PSU probably fried my motherboard or graphics card. Either way I ended up completely replacing everything except for my HDD and SDD as well as the CD-ROM drive. However even after building this new system, my monitor still showed that there was no signal. It seemed to be able to detect whenever I connected and disconnected the DVI cable however but still failed to show any signal. I have no idea where to go from here at all anymore. Also my case's fans don't spin when the desktop is turned on so I'm a bit concerned about that also. Anyone have any suggestions?

*I'd also like to add that the CPU and RAM is actually taken out from the old PC that was fried. However when I sent these into Corsair, they ran tests on it and told me that both the CPU and RAM passed their tests and is still functional. And all my parts are the same to the old PC I had so there shouldn't be any sort of problems with my old SDD/HDD and whatnot. The only difference is that I bought a new case and a water cooling system.

Update: I was able to test my PC on my friend's monitor using the HDMI ports but there was still no signal. I also tried plugging the graphics card in another slot and still no success. Now I'm quite lost at this point.

popatim

Titan
So if you didn't actually "completely replacing everything except for my HDD and SDD as well as the CD-ROM drive"
can you at least tell what you really DID do ? I ask because at this point , you haven't mentioned that changed the failed PSU yet.

sandrathe209

Reputable
Jul 14, 2015

So what I had done was buy a new PSU, case, and water cooling system, then buy the same exact motherboard and graphics card as my old setup, then I got my old SDD/HDD & CD-ROM drive and put it into this new system. The CPU and RAM was also taken out from the old system that had failed, but it was diagnosed by Corsair that it has passed their tests and was still functional even after it was in my old system which was fried by my old PSU. When finally putting it all together and turned it on, it still showed that there was no signal on my monitor which was exactly what my old PC did after it was fried.

TRENDING THREADS