Whats holding me back?

mattkamin

Reputable
Jul 14, 2015
A little background info before we start: Im 17, had this pc as a handmedown for around 3 years. I dont have a job and have been applying like crazy with no luck, as nobody is hiring. I have 100$ at the most saved up to buy parts for my pc. please take this seriously.

Computer:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.6GHz
4GB DDR2 Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GT 430

Games i play:
League of Legends
CS:GO
Smite
Marvel Heroes
Dirty Bomb

My reccomended specs for every game is always high-ultra, but i cant play more than low settings in any game(League not included) without serious fps lag. I even drop my res to 800x600 in some games and still perform terribly.

I need to know whats holding back my pc from performing how it should. I have 100$ to spend to replace whatever is holding it back.

I know this is a lot to ask for but i seriously cant afford a new pc and i cant ask my parents for help because they've paid a lot for college applications already and cant afford more money.

Thank you to anyone who takes this post seriously.

Volen

Reputable
Jul 14, 2015
Same as what tvi016 said, the CPU looks okay, but I'd definitely suggest getting a different GPU. A 430 won't run CSGO, and if it does it's going to be very low FPS. Honestly with $100, you're better off saving up $2-300 more and getting all new stuff. Because depending on what case, and PSU you've go in the current PC. You might have trouble getting a New GPU in there, or to work.

mattkamin

Reputable
Jul 14, 2015

ive got a stock case, and a coolermaster 700w PSU

Volen

Reputable
Jul 14, 2015

Stock Case isn't really telling me much. As long as it's not super tiny you shouldn't have an issue getting an average sized card in there. Since you have a 700W PSU, you should be okay with getting a new GPU.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127788&cm_re=Nvidia-_-14-127-788-_-Product

As long as you have PCI-E 3.0 This card should do you fine.