Experiencing ads even when logged in.

I'm not sure what it is, but I'm not getting it now.
For whatever reasons at ~5:30, I checked out my Tom's Hardware tracked threads, opened a few, and was annoyed by these ads. I checked my programs list, and saw nothing of Adware.
But after an hour or so this something went away.

And I'm not talented enough to Photoshop this:

image.png

Iamsoda

Distinguished

Standard adds for tom's. If you don't want to see them get Add Block Plus for your browser and make sure to block element as it doesn't recognize it as an ad.

My point was I don't see the ads anyways, even when I'm not logged in. Heck I'm always surprised when I watch youtube on someone else's PC and see a commercial. Since I use that hosts file on phones, tablets, PCs, etc, I forget how cluttered the web really is. If I found something that makes it through, I added that server to my personal list on the hosts file.

With ADblock Plus some sites won't let you view them with it enabled anyways. With the hosts file generally nothing happens. It's rare that I have anything complain with the hosts file, and as I mentioned before when they do I just go somewhere else.

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
Putting aside all this talk of adblocking and whatnot (we can't stop you, but we certainly don't encourage it--ads make up a fair bit of revenue for the site, and thus my monthly rent payments haha), you really should not be seeing any ads as a logged in member on the forums. On the main site, that's a different story, but Community bashed heads until ads were removed from the forums.

Now, that being said, occasionally there are back-end related problems that cause some ads to get through. Will make some inquiries on this one, so thank you for providing a screenshot AND the time you saw it! You have no idea how many headaches that will prevent :D

Iamsoda

Distinguished

Actually I don't mind non intrusive relevant adds. I have actually bought an item or two off tom's adds from Best buy and amazon. So as long as there are no auto playing videos, I don't mind.