4gig ram installed (2.91) usable help

Solution

I just installed 8 GB of corsair vengeance in my PC, and I found in windows that only 6.94 GB was usable. I tried the fix listed above but the max memory option actually reduced my usable RAM to 6.24 GB. After a little more research, I found that my integrated graphics was the problem, and the way to fix it was to change integrated graphics memory allocation from 1024 MB...
D

Deleted member 1718685

press windows key + R on your keyboard then tipe msconfig then press ok go in boot then advanced options then check maximum memory and set it to 4096 then restart your computer.

Ken Biaco

Reputable
Jul 15, 2015
already trued that bro nothing happened still it shows that i have still 2.91 usable ram :< i've been surfing to the internet lately but the msconfig, bios doesnt work, I tried the start up bios but it doesnt show up the ram remapping function

D

Deleted member 1718685

i had the same problem then i reinstalled win and it shown me 4 gigs try that if you dont have nothing to lose

Chayan4400

Honorable

I just installed 8 GB of corsair vengeance in my PC, and I found in windows that only 6.94 GB was usable. I tried the fix listed above but the max memory option actually reduced my usable RAM to 6.24 GB. After a little more research, I found that my integrated graphics was the problem, and the way to fix it was to change integrated graphics memory allocation from 1024 MB to auto in the BIOS. Now my RAM shows up as 7.8 GB usable, so I guess integrated graphics uses some of the RAM as memory.

Solution