good monitor for ps4

tahafaruqi

Reputable
Jan 3, 2015
Hi guys i want a monitor for ps4
my personal choice was dell s2715h or asus vx279q
suggest any other monitor aswell under the budget of 300 usd and it should be 27 inches

Solution
Ask someone who knows about sound and he will tell you that there is no real sound before a pair of bookshelf speakers and an amplifier, even a basic one. Check reddit/Zeos guides.

Yes glossy coatings are more prone to reflections, but as long as they do not use edge-to-edge glass it is no big deal, it is the latter that causes most of the reflections usually associated with glossy monitors. The Dell does not use edge-to-edge glass.

XMorsX

Honorable
Feb 2, 2013
Dell S2715H is your best bet, thanks to its glossy coating that makes the picture clearer and the colors more vibrant.

No need to go over 1080p or 60Hz either, as no PS4 game surpasses these limits.

Both are IPS panels and both seem to be within the same rating. I would go Asus, I have two Asus monitors and they are great.

Both these monitors come with speakers built in.

XMorsX

Honorable
Feb 2, 2013

Yes they are similar, however the Asus has a matte coating, which despite being light, it is not grain-free, while the Dell is.

aylafan

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006

Depends on the OP's environment. I prefer matte coating over glossy due to the bright lighting in my house. Glossy is a reflection nightmare if the room isn't dark enough.

XMorsX

Honorable
Feb 2, 2013
Ask someone who knows about sound and he will tell you that there is no real sound before a pair of bookshelf speakers and an amplifier, even a basic one. Check reddit/Zeos guides.

Yes glossy coatings are more prone to reflections, but as long as they do not use edge-to-edge glass it is no big deal, it is the latter that causes most of the reflections usually associated with glossy monitors. The Dell does not use edge-to-edge glass.

Solution