Looking for good 4k monitors, or a couple - movies, development

Lion38

Reputable
Jul 15, 2015
So, been checking the news for 4k monitors in the past 3 months, but haven't see any big news about new models.

What I am looking for is a good 4k monitor - NOT FOR GAMING...so the response time is not the most important...

what is important for me though is:

• the size (at least 28", preferable 32")
    the colors and viewing angles (it doesn't have to be 100% accurate, but good enough for web development. and since these are going to be big, the viewing angles are important)
    price (I am willing to pay ~900 GBP per monitor if it is really good... but would prefer way less of course)
    future proof / connectivity (if offering usb3 or hdmi, I would be happy, but dp would do)
    vesa standard (I want to be able to put the monitors on my monitor arm)
    Good refresh rate (I know I can hardly expect the monitors to be more than 30hz on hdmi or usb3, but would be nice)

So this is it... Smaller bezel would be OK too, but not that important.

Any ideas? any new models coming out or are out now, that fit my wishlist?

Solution

you can use that list to find what you are looking for and see your options, not man 4k monitors are available so the choice is your.

SamiSC

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2010

you can use that list to find what you are looking for and see your options, not man 4k monitors are available so the choice is your.

Solution

Lion38

Reputable
Jul 15, 2015
I know "mas o menos" the list out there...and I DO appreciate you taking the time and putting it together, the problem is choosing the right one

I am now deciding from 2 TV/monitors

40" IIYAMA: LE4041UHS / X4071UHSU-B1

or

SONY 43" 8300C series...

just for couple of years until OLED displays become affordable (and better)

any suggestions?

TRENDING THREADS