Where to find a full selection of the ASUS ROG G751JY Series.

Khaldor

Reputable
Jul 15, 2015
Hello,
So i'm currently looking for a gaming Laptor that holds a decent RAM (At least 16. Any more seems preposterous. My current issue being my outdated Geforce 560 graphics cards), a GTX980M graphics card with (preferably) minimum 4GB allocated to the graphics.

So i went through a decent amount of models, (MSI, Alienware, Origin, ROG...) and the best price/performance ratio i could find (Without going to obnoxious RAM amounts like 32GB which doesn't seem necessary for any single game)

Anyhow, i know some of you will want to tell me : "Oh, build a computer! Done! Easy!" Thanks, but please, if you are one of those people, be on your way. I need mobility, and will be moving around some time before settling. Towers are a no-go.

The G751JY From ROG seemed perfect (For a time) and so i searched around. Now, there is not a single model in common between french sellers, US sellers, and the <deleted> Asus website.

Example : G751JY-DH71 is the model that comes up the most in the states. G751JY-T7188H i can find in France, but neither one nor the other can be found in the other country.

So mainly my questions are the following :

1- What is wrong with Asus' website? They have two models for their G751JY series, Some retailer i will not exactly cite : A****n , has about 50 different choices from said series. Be it the .fr website or the .com
Are you realistically telling me that ASUS decided to peddle only it's expensive models?
Oh, and the Asus.fr website will dig up the G751JY series, but will then tell you that their Asus store does not sell it.

2- Where can i find ALL models of the G751JY series, effectively be delivered in the states, and not have to deal with an AZERTY keyboard and shipping in France?

I'm mesmerized by the ridiculousness of it all. After going through websites allowing you to fully customize your laptot and choose your options, landing on a miserable website offering you 2 selections where you can't even go lower than 2,399$ (Asus.com website. Because Asus decided you NEEDED an ssd and you NEEDED 24GB RAM minimum)

And last but not least : Is there any way to customize the build of a ROG?

Thank you for taking the time to read this,
Regards,
A dude looking for a gaming computer that won't stutter on Unreal4.

popatim

Titan
Not only are the different versions for different countries, which is understandable for different keybd, language, OS, power... but Asus will make different versions for different retail outlets (so that none will have to pricematch the other IMO) other brands do this too btw.

Id suggest that if you will be travelling abroad that you research international warranty coverages. Many brands wont let you buy a US alptop and get warranty work done outside of the US and vice versa.