Google Chrome Won't open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution

No, if you created a google account and gave chrome access to save your passwords, then they should all be saved on the cloud and regardless of what device you are using, as long as you are signed in on your account you should have all of your history, passwords, settings, etc.

Anonymous09

Honorable
Jul 15, 2015

No, if you created a google account and gave chrome access to save your passwords, then they should all be saved on the cloud and regardless of what device you are using, as long as you are signed in on your account you should have all of your history, passwords, settings, etc.

Solution

SomeRandomGamer

Reputable
Sep 28, 2014

Its ok now I opened the installer and it instantly opened chrome.

zacryl

Reputable
Jan 10, 2016

Same. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times now. Chrome will open for about a day, but after that it will not open a window. It just adds an instance of it in processes even though nothing has visibly occurred.

PLEASE HELP! I can't use Internet Explorer like some kind of wretch. What will I tell my children? Help!

Oldtreker

Reputable
Oct 7, 2015

Tell your children not to close Chrome, minus down to the taskbar on Google's home page. Works for me

Andrew_81

Commendable
Feb 22, 2016

Did that along with uninstall and reinstall serveral times also uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome Canary and it has started doing the same thing! Still seems that there is a major issue between Google Chrome and Windows 10 that Google has yet to either notice or care!

eddahorse

Commendable
Feb 23, 2016
Me too. Wouldn't load. Uninstalled Chrome, and now it won't even download for a reinstall. Beautiful app turned into a pile of junk? Luckily, no such problems with Firefox. Whew!

Andrew_81

Commendable
Feb 22, 2016

I have since noticed that Windows stops the Google Chrome Services, if you go into the Task Manager and under services, and restart the services, Chrome should open. So far since doing this, Chrome has been working on request. Though now that I posted this, it will probably stop working again. :pt1cable:

calvin01010

Commendable
Feb 25, 2016

I had this error, and I had to do an sfc /scannow to resolve:
1. start powershell as admin (right click task bar and select Task Manager and then choose File > Run New Task, then type powershell and tick the "Create this task with admin priv")
2. in the powershell admin interface type sfc /scannow
3. leave to scan - this checks the windows instance isn't corrupted - in my case it wasn't, but if you do have corruption, you can fix with DISM command. I'd search the internet for a better solution on what flags are needed)
4. I then rebooted my PC once sfc stated my PC was fine. You probably don't need to do that step but "belt and braces" as they say!

For me was also missing my desktop icons and windows explorer wasnt showing files or folders either, however after step 3 all came back to me magically even though there was nothing found.

Oldtreker

Reputable
Oct 7, 2015

Your description sounds like it may be blocked by anti virus software, have you tried to disable it and run Chrome?

Sarah_22

Commendable
Mar 17, 2016
I have been reading these replies as same has just happened to me this morning. One thing that has worked for me on laptop is uninstalling two Microsoft updates that were made days ago. Chrome is working as normal now.

Kim_19

Commendable
Mar 24, 2016
I'm experiencing the same problem on Windows 10. Chrome is pinned to my taskbar. It'll open just fine for about a day, then stop opening until I restart my laptop. It's not my anti-virus blocking it. I feel like it's Windows 10. It's pissed because we're using Chrome instead of the new IE. Hoping someone knows the answer. It's very annoying.

Also, my issue didn't start after an update. It's been like this since I purchased this laptop in December.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I wonder if same thing happens to Opera since its built on the same engine as chrome.

I just posted a chrome error I get, I think its just the browser. Its been doing weird things for a few months, before i reinstalled win 10 it wouldn't even connect without me adding Google servers as a proxy for dns... it hasn't done that yet but I reset chrome a few days after I installed win 10 this time. Started with a fresh history and found one of my add ons was conflicting with Chrome so uninstalled Ghostery

I had this happen this morning but I just restarted pc to fix it.

Oldtreker

Reputable
Oct 7, 2015

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id

Brian_104

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016

yeah i went through this exact process (sfc scan) and it found nothing. also there IS no google chrome service listed at all so how the heck would i restart it?

Chrome just adds a new process but there is no service running whenever i try to start it up. so now i'm back to firefox :( running latest build Win 10 64.

Status
Not open for further replies.