How will I be able to connect my two monitors with my HDMI cable and a VGA cable?

MobbSparta

Reputable
Jun 28, 2015
When I use an HDMI connection with my main monitor it looks very washed out and discolored but when I use VGA it looks perfectly fine with no problems. Is this how it is supposed to look or is there something I can fix? And if thats how it's supposed to look I would rather use a VGA connection. But that would leave my second monitor unconnected because it doesn't have an HDMI port so how could I connect my second monitor while still using VGA in the first one.

(My graphics card only has two DVI-D ports, one HDMI port, and one VGA port. That is why it is becoming kind of complicated for me to figure out how to support my dual monitors. And my monitors won't work with DVI-D)

RAZER Gamer

Reputable
May 27, 2015
Never use VGA ok, VGA is old and never used by almost anyone. Always use DVI and DSUB for dual or more monitors. I would do DVI in one and HDMI in the other. Seriously don't use VGA, it's outdated and a waste of time.

olcz25

Honorable
Nov 20, 2012
I had 2 monitors and one was div, the other one was vga and works properly. also I connected a 3rd monitor on the mobo output and works but the space was a mess. works fine and better than 1 monitor, the bad taste was that some games works on the right and other on the left. tryed 1000 times and different ways to work only in the main display and didnt work. I change my monitor to 1 single montor of 24' and problem solve!

MobbSparta

Reputable
Jun 28, 2015

My main monitor is a Samsung SyncMaster B2330HD and my second monitor is a Samsung SyncMaster 920NW. My second one is pretty old and only has a VGA port but my main has VGA and HDMI (along with all of its other ports which I'm not using). My main monitors resolution is 1920x1080 and my second monitors resolution is 1440x900.

MobbSparta

Reputable
Jun 28, 2015

The only reason I am having this problem is because I recently got a new graphics card and my old one had two DVI-I ports which I used and it worked fine. But when I used those I used a VGA cable which on one side had a VGA to DVI-I converter (and I used that for both monitors). But now I can only use the VGA port and the HDMI port (since I can't use the two DVI-D). But I have tried connecting my main with HDMI and my second with VGA but when I do that the screen sort of stretches across in a wierd way, the main monitors resolution shows up as 1080p but it shows up bigger than the actual screen so things are cut off, and the color looks washed out.

olcz25

Honorable
Nov 20, 2012
the hard part of every upgrade is to change almost everything in a middle time... like 6 months. I had the same issue. almost a new pc, some old parts and hardware, and then I replace it in a short time as 1 year. monitors, hard drives, ups, etc.

olcz25

Honorable
Nov 20, 2012
ffg7, look for the manufacturers monitor instructions and set the optimal frecuency to that, never try to force it or use another frecuency that is not recommended by the brand

monitors I think usually auto select their frequency & when setting up dual plus monitors, they might conflict as found that out when testing a customer's monitor on my 3rd floor computer as dual setup. had to change the frequency of 1 of the 2 monitors to look clear & crisp.

MobbSparta

Reputable
Jun 28, 2015

I tried plugging my main monitor in with HDMi and my second with VGA. My second monitor is working fine and I resized my main one so it fits in the picture. But now my main monitor kind of looks like the colors are washed out and the picture looks a bit low quality. And the weird thing is that when I make my main monitor a lower resolution the color fixes and it doesn't look like its bad quality.

RAZER Gamer

Reputable
May 27, 2015

On intergrated graphics on my mobo there is DVI and HDMI, not VGA and most modern GPU's use HDMI and DVI and don't bother with VGA.