How many net in GB have you used in the past 30 days?

Solution
the amount of bandwidth you have used up depends on what kind of activities you do on the internet, just like how it applies to cellphones as well.

i've used as little as 50mb of data on a smartphone all the way up past 10gb. this goes from extremely low usage to what is considered rediculously heavy based on the tasks i've had to do. streaming anything makes usage go way up.

as for the home network, we do not have monthly logging of bandwidth since are on unlimited 50/50 but as far as the last 8 hours are concerned usage is from 43mb per hour or less up to 744mb/hr or more depending on task. since one pc is down right now and one gets used intermittantly usage might peak at around 1.4gb/hr if everyone is streaming video. i would say...

JayCee993

Reputable
Nov 19, 2014
Had a review from last month which accumulated to 1.6TB downloaded, baring in mind that we have multiple devices in the house which are streaming TV/Movies/Youtube/Twitch as the actual TV rarely gets used. Our ISP is Virgin and we are on the 152Mbps Down / 12 Mbps Up so even with multiple devices we never encounter the buffering circle of death.
Is there any question that you are pointing this towards which needs an answer or are you just curious what other users use?

Jason

Chemz11

Reputable
Feb 8, 2015

I was just curious. Thought 500 gb was a bit much.

JayCee993

Reputable
Nov 19, 2014
Unless you have a cap that is going to limit you use it/download as much as you want. Only if you have a cap were you're going to get charged should you worry about your usage, 500GB is probably normal for any household that is just using the internet for normal things over a 1 month period

Jason

the amount of bandwidth you have used up depends on what kind of activities you do on the internet, just like how it applies to cellphones as well.

i've used as little as 50mb of data on a smartphone all the way up past 10gb. this goes from extremely low usage to what is considered rediculously heavy based on the tasks i've had to do. streaming anything makes usage go way up.

as for the home network, we do not have monthly logging of bandwidth since are on unlimited 50/50 but as far as the last 8 hours are concerned usage is from 43mb per hour or less up to 744mb/hr or more depending on task. since one pc is down right now and one gets used intermittantly usage might peak at around 1.4gb/hr if everyone is streaming video. i would say we are at least in the 200-300gb range per month with average usage, a bit more if heavy usage based on pure estimation. using streaming content is what affects this heavily and the quality of streaming content certainly matters.

unless you're capped, i wouldnt worry about it too much.

Solution