ASUS K55VM no picture, only backlight

havocz

Reputable
Jul 13, 2015
Hello,
I put my problem here, since i dont know where to put it exactly

a 5 days ago, i put my laptop on sleep, by closing lid. Once I opened it, there was no picture, only backlight. I put it on HDMI to my samsung LED TV, and it worked, I switched screens, to check will picture come again but no results. Since then Im using my tv as monitor. I asked guy at local pc servis, he told me to put it back to sleep and wake up again, or to force shutdown with button, but no results. I reinstalled intel software on original from asus support page, for intel HD 4000, but as previous methods, again, no results. I also tried, letting laptop to go empty on battery to turn off himself, and turning on again, but nothing happens. I have to mention, a week ago, laptop was at yearly summer inside cleaning: dust removing. but it worked pretty well after I picked it up.
Here is my laptop specs: *from speccy
Code:
Operating System
			Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
		CPU
			Intel Core i7 3610QM @ 2.30GHz	47 °C
			Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
		RAM
			4,00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)
		Motherboard
			ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. K55VM (SOCKET 0)	47 °C
		Graphics
			Digital Flat Panel (1024x768 60Hz) (1920x1080@59Hz)
			SAMSUNG (1920x1080@59Hz)
			Intel HD Graphics 4000 (ASUStek Computer Inc)
			2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M (ASUStek Computer Inc)	42 °C
		Storage
			931GB Seagate ST1000LM024 HN-M101MBB ATA Device (SATA)	38 °C
		Optical Drives
			Slimtype DVD A DS8A8SH ATA Device
			DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device
		Audio
			Intel Display Audio

Please, help me to find solution, since only option I have is to buy extra monitor, since im moving back to other city, on univeristy though, and I need laptop.

****Alos, I read similar problems i could find, but nothing i didnt tried what i seen so far.

Solution
as the laptop works with external monitor then it is either the laptop screen or it's cable from motherboard to screen has pulled out of a connector or is damaged. if it is the screen as it does have a circuit board on the back of it, you can use this link http://www.laptopscreen.com/English/model/ASUS/K55VM/ for a new screen as that is where I get mine for my customers.
as the laptop works with external monitor then it is either the laptop screen or it's cable from motherboard to screen has pulled out of a connector or is damaged. if it is the screen as it does have a circuit board on the back of it, you can use this link http://www.laptopscreen.com/English/model/ASUS/K55VM/ for a new screen as that is where I get mine for my customers.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS