Duel monitor flickering?

iopsis

Reputable
Jul 16, 2015
Hey guys,

I'm having some problems with my two new Dell U2515H. When I use them as dual monitors, after a while, they both start synchronized flickering, and I'm completely clueless how to stop it. However if I'm only using one of them, it's completely fine.

The cables are in firmly, and if I revert to a single monitor setup during the flickering, it stops. Also if I restart my PC, it stops. I've tried adjusting the video card memory clock speed above 1250 MHz, but then both monitors turn off, and even if I restart my PC, then monitors turn off a few seconds after booting back to desktop.

I'm using an AMD R290, connected via MiniDP (primary) and HDMI (secondary) at 1440p 60Hz.
I took a video for you to look at, if you could help me out pleaseee: https://youtu.be/j86X2aPpY6U

EDIT: Also after a while, when experiencing these visual artifacts, they eventually disappear.

Thanks!

FrankieYim

Reputable
Sep 18, 2015

I found using Asus GPU tweak set the 2D memory clock same as 3D memory clock (6000MHz@390x), the flicker no more appeared. This is my work around solution and hopes AMD will solve it asap.

Details in the below video
MSI R9 390x Flickering Problem (fixed by Asus GPU Tweak)

Solution