My computer isn't detecting my second monitor

MCArth

Reputable
Jul 17, 2015
I recently bought a second monitor, and with it a DVI-I to dual VGA. I am currently using a GeForce GTX 770. The monitor connected to the right splitter always works, and the one connected to the left splitter isn't detected by the computer. My video card drivers are also up to date. Help?

Solution
Could be a bad or incompatible cable. With that cable you will always have the same thing displayed on the two monitors. Windows will only show one monitor to display to. There is a single set of analog outputs on a DVI-I port.

There could likely be timing incompatibilities between the two monitors. Try setting a lower resolution -- 1280x1024 is usually supported by most monitors.

kanewolf

Titan
Could be a bad or incompatible cable. With that cable you will always have the same thing displayed on the two monitors. Windows will only show one monitor to display to. There is a single set of analog outputs on a DVI-I port.

There could likely be timing incompatibilities between the two monitors. Try setting a lower resolution -- 1280x1024 is usually supported by most monitors.

Solution