Windows 10 PCI Wifi Card Compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaling

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2015
Can anyone who's currently using Windows 10 tell me what PCI Wifi card they're using? I need to buy a replacement for a USB Wifi thing and I'd rather not have to buy another card in a few weeks if the one I buy now turns out not to work in Windows 10.

Am I likely to have more luck buying a Windows 8 compatible card or will that not make a difference? This is basically what I have to choose from.

Solution

Yes, that is what you will assume, however I have reliability issues with TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 , it is recognized, and work, but drop out every 1-2 minutes, and according to the support page from TP-Link , no update for the driver is scheduled. :)

So I will recommend to look on the box, to see if Windows 10 is printed on the box as supported.

jdoe56

Reputable
Aug 31, 2015

Yes, that is what you will assume, however I have reliability issues with TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 , it is recognized, and work, but drop out every 1-2 minutes, and according to the support page from TP-Link , no update for the driver is scheduled. :)

So I will recommend to look on the box, to see if Windows 10 is printed on the box as supported.

Solution

Advig

Reputable
Sep 22, 2015
I have a TP-Link TL-851ND Windows 7 compatible that makes Windows 10 freeze after 5 minutes.

That card has been a pain even on windows 8.1: freeze as well but managed to make it work by installing the drivers in Windows 7 compatibility mode. However that trick does not work on Windows 10 ;(

bags269

Reputable
Nov 11, 2015
Unfortunately I have only one PCI-E slot and it's being used up by my Graphics card. My system's pretty old, opened it up to find PCI slots with the TP-Link TL-WN751ND card, ack! Can't upgrade but works with Windows 10 just fine for me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.