I've just built my own PC but when I connect the monitor it says no signal.

NateBeast

Honorable
Jul 3, 2015
I've just built my own PC and I used the VGA port to connect the monitor. I turned on the system and on the monitor it says: Checking signal... then it says D-SUB No Signal but I am using VGA. The CPU fan is spinning. There is a 4-pin connector on the mobo that says ATX 12V Power Connector but I don't have a cable from my PSU for that. I only have 1 RAM stick installed and the mobo only has 2 ram slots. The CPU fan is plugged into the connector. My PSU has a lot of cables that I am not using. It took me a lot of tries to put the CPU in (It's and AMD APU,No video card) and I think I might have bent/broke a pin. The front case fan did not turn on but I suspect it might be temperature sensitive. My power supply is an EVGA 400W which is overkill b/c the build is only using 85-100 watts. I have a hard drive and an optical drive installed. My motherboard is an ASRock FM268M-DG3. The monitor is a LG 24M56. I am using the stock heatsink fan. I don't have a mouse or keyboard plugged in. I used a screwdriver on the 2 little pins with the mobo in the case with everything plugged in and it turned on. I have just tried to reset the CMOS and I will edit with results. I removed the RAM and I got no beep at all. I switched the ram in the 2 slots and still did not work. I have never gotten a beep or anything from the computer. EDIT: Just tried to reset the CMOS, but it still says D-SUB no signal.

Solution
Any PSU in the last 5+ years should have a 4PIN ATX cable on it. Your PSU might have an 8pin one that should come apart to 2x4 pin jacks, but without that, the CPU doesn't have it's direct 12v power and probably won't work. It's not there as an option.
Any PSU in the last 5+ years should have a 4PIN ATX cable on it. Your PSU might have an 8pin one that should come apart to 2x4 pin jacks, but without that, the CPU doesn't have it's direct 12v power and probably won't work. It's not there as an option.

Solution

NateBeast

Honorable
Jul 3, 2015
Thanks for the answer. I found a 8-pin plug that looks like it is supposed to split into 4 so I plugged it in, but it wasn't the greatest fit and the monitor still said D-SUB No signal.
EDIT: I found out that you can pull apart the 8-pin connector into 4 separate and it went it smoothly. Will post back if it works. IT WORKED! Thanks.

NateBeast

Honorable
Jul 3, 2015
I have another problem now. In bios with CPU fan spinning at max, the temp was 50C but it's now dropped to 45C but I've heard thats too high for an idle temp. I dont have a front fan working and my case is still open. Thanks.