AI suite 3 for Windows 10

Solution

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/B85ME/HelpDesk_Download/

Astralv

Distinguished
I had to throw it here as a warning if you use Fan Expert. There is USB 3 acceleration option. When I updated Win 8.0 to 8.1, I lost all USB support, which made computer unusable and I had to reinstall Windows. I dont know if they fixed it or not, but I was told to disable the USB 3 acceleration by the Asus tech. Make sure you have a back up.

Astralv

Distinguished
I was upgrading Day 0. Nobody knew what was going on, many people were affected. I do not know if they made a patch, if Asus updated their software or what- I keep USB acceleration from Fan Expert disabled just in case. My motherboard Z87 Deluxe did not have PS2 ports, so there was no way to access the computer- no mouse or keyboard would work from USB 2 or 3. Dead. So I did not install Fan Expert when I reinstalled Windows 8.1 from scratch at first, installed drivers and then installed Fan Expert and never used USB 3 accelerator. But I can not guaranty that this is what caused it- it was not official statement- just a tech told me. Just something to be aware of- it was disaster.

corndog1836

Distinguished

I have ai suite 3 installed on a asus maximus formula vii with windows 8.1 and have had no issues at all''

Astralv

Distinguished
I did not expect to have issues, but I did. May be they fixed it, or may be your USB acceleration is disabled. I am sharing it in case they run in to the same problem when Windows 10 update rolls out. Something to expect during the roll out. I would disable acceleration just in case till you confident to turn it on. It is one of the settings inside the AI suite.

corndog1836

Distinguished

I have been dealing with operating system rollouts for a long time even back as far as the Tandy 1000.. Experience has taught me not to upgrade any operating system EVER {clean install only) and to wait a while before converting to a new version or any operating system so I dont suffer from it starting bugs like ai suite may not work with WIN 10 right away.but I understand your point and support your comment..

Astralv

Distinguished
I used to be conservative with OSs. Been running Windows XP till things would stop installing on it. lol. Still using Vista on several computers. My builds are different story. I guess I like to trouble shooting them. lol.

Not every system can be easily restarted from scratch. My music system has 5 drives and I can not change C drive without affecting other drives, so I have to upgrade when I am ready, can not do clean install- too much work. If it not make through the update, will go back to original drive.

corndog1836

Distinguished

I like trouble shooting too. LOL

corndog1836

Distinguished

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VII_FORMULA/HelpDesk_Download/
\
AI SUITE 3 FOR ASUS MAXIMUS Z97 FORMULA WINDOWS 10 IS AVAILABLE.... CHECK YOU R MOBO SUPPORT DOWNLOADS PAGE

TRENDING THREADS