Spilled Water on my PC

dave314

Reputable
Jul 19, 2015
I woke up this morning and went to sit at my desk. Being my clumsy and stupid self I knocked over a glass of water onto my computer. At the moment the computer was still on from last night, but I quickly turned off the computer and disassembled most of it to clean the wet areas with paper towels. I made sure nothing else was wet when I went to put it back together and plug it in. I turned it on and the comp just kept rebooting with no signal to the monitors. After about 2-3 minutes of letting this happen I turned it off and checked the forums. After spending a couple minutes reading I disassmebled most of my computer again and have fans running on the parts. Is there any chance that my computer will work properly after 24-48 hours of drying.

Also, the GPU, which sits parallel to the ground and top of the computer that has the holes for ventilation (where the water came in from), seems to have taken most of the water along with the cpu heatsink which sits right on top of it

Don't make new posts. I saw this an hour ago, and you're posting again.

You certainly should not have just dried with paper towel and turned it back on.

Odd's are if there is any damage, you did it turning it back in on after just wiping it down. I doubt the fans for 2 days or 2 years are going to do anything now. You turned it on with moisture still everywhere in the system.