Horizontal thin green lines appearing on screen

Raepheles

Reputable
Jul 20, 2015
Hello,

I set up new computer about 10 days ago. I'm using MSI GTX 970 with 2 monitors. One is connected via hdmi port and the other one is connected via dvi port. The monitor which is connected via dvi port rarely shows me white (sometimes green) horizontal lines on the screen. These lines rarely come up and they are very thin I can say that they have 1 pixel high and 6-7 pixel length. Sometimes just white dots (1x1 pixel) appear and disappear. This bothers me greatly.

So basicly I have 2 cables 1 is dvi both sides and the other is dvi-hdmi since my monitors don't have hdmi port. I changed the cables to see if something is wrong with monitor. The horizontal lines started to appear on new screen so I understood monitors are just fine. Then I changed dvi port on graphic card (There are 2 dvi ports and 1 hdmi) the problem was still there. I bought new dvi cable I still have the problem. I'm pretty much out of thoughts here. I don't believe my graphic card has any problems with it since hdmi port works just fine and I didn't have any problem with it so far (except the ones with nvdia's freakin' software).

Do you have any idea what causes this?

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOD1Sn-xmLw

Left monitor connected with hdmi without any problem and right one is dvi-dvi.

Edit: I got new card and just plugged it in. Gonna test it for a while and give updates.

Edit2: First it worked nice like the one I bough before but right now it's starting again. Same thing happened with the first card. I'm feeling like something is breaking my graphic card over time. Currently I'm getting so small green lines and they appear extremely rare. But I believe it will go nuts in days. I need a help here :(