can I run 3 displays?

TGWTHF

Honorable
Mar 25, 2012
ok so i have 3 monitors, one DVI-D, and 2 VGA's, previously i used to just have the VGA's on a DVI and a HDMI to VGA adapter but i'm wondering if its possible for me to have 3 displays if iget an active DVI-D adapter and use my new Display port to DVI-D for my new monitor, the HDMI adapter and the third on an active DVI-D to VGA adapter? would that work?

so it'd be:
Active DVI-D to VGA
HDMI to VGA
DisplayPort to DVI-D

TGWTHF

Honorable
Mar 25, 2012
i've already tried plugging the DVI-D one into the DVI-D port and the pc doesn't pick it up for some reason, which is why i have it on a display port to DVI-D adapter, I have no idea why my pc wont pick it up that way lol

Some monitors autodetect the input, others do not.
Is there an input source switch on your monitor?

What graphics adapter are you using? If it is an older one, they often had a limitation that only two of the three inputs could be concurrently used.

TGWTHF

Honorable
Mar 25, 2012
well i mean my new DVI-D monitor autodetects the DP and the HDMI port with the adapters but not when in the DVI-D ones
and what adapter am I using? do you mean the graphics card? its an R9 390, it only has 2 DVI-D's a HDMI and a DP, and i know about the 2 of the 3 inputs only working thing i can't figure out why my monitor isn't picked up inthe DVI-D ports so i'm just gonna buy a active DVI-D adapter i think it'd be the better option seeing as i already bought a DP to DVI-D when i bought the GPU

TRENDING THREADS