Are TN Panel Monitor viewing angles really that bad?

Noob333

Reputable
Nov 27, 2014
I have heard many very negative things about TN panel monitors. I have heard that when sitting directly in from of a larger sized one that the corners will look weird. And, that with any TN monitor if you look from the side its funky. Well, I am pretty sure the second one is true. But, if your sitting in front of a decent sized TN panel LCD monitor (like 25") will you see the sides being weird?

Solution
For a single person sitting at the right height, not really.

Side to side you will get some minor discoloration. Vertical is pretty serious though, brightness is very diminished, and you will see colors either disappear into gray, or appear as other colors. (So not a monitor that you want to look at while standing)

There are varying qualities of TN panels out there, some of the recent ones are said to have decent color reproduction. I'm using my 27" ASUS VE278 as an example. It was fairly high end when I bought it, but certainly lacks color accuracy.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
For a single person sitting at the right height, not really.

Side to side you will get some minor discoloration. Vertical is pretty serious though, brightness is very diminished, and you will see colors either disappear into gray, or appear as other colors. (So not a monitor that you want to look at while standing)

There are varying qualities of TN panels out there, some of the recent ones are said to have decent color reproduction. I'm using my 27" ASUS VE278 as an example. It was fairly high end when I bought it, but certainly lacks color accuracy.

Solution