Clarifying Warranty Misunderstandings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venom Six Actual

Reputable
Nov 17, 2014
Hi Folks,

I saw this thread today, http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2719701/visiontek-280x-3gb-card-potential-trade.html and just wanted to clarify a few things.

Our warranties are not transferable, they only apply to the original owner. Also, the OP states he re-pasted the card, which voided the warranty.

Our full terms are available here: https://www.visiontek.com/warranty-information.html. In a nutshell, you have to be the original owner, have proof of purchase and register the product to receive the full warranty. These terms are pretty much in line with every other manufacturer out there.

Please be cautious when buying anything online. Just because the seller says so, doesn't mean that is the actual company policy.

Hiemal1

Reputable
Jun 23, 2015
Oh, huh. I suppose I wasn't aware of the warranty terms. I'll let the person know who i sold the card to know about this.

I wasn't trying to intentionally mislead anyone, I certainly hope it didn't come across that way.

Venom Six Actual

Reputable
Nov 17, 2014
I don't think you were attempting to mislead, not one bit. And certainly replying so shows that you were acting in the best of faith. What I hope to avoid is a negative perception if there were an issue with one of our products, and our hands are tied on the warranty. My goal here is simply proactive. I wish I had logged on a few days earlier; that way I could have sent you a message clarifying directly. My sincerest apologies for not doing so.

My personal thought is that card will work flawlessly, that the buyer will hold onto it until they upgrade, and pass it on. I have three of that exact model that I run in Crossfire, and they beat anything in the 200 series.

We will absolutely assist anyone with any common support and troubleshooting issues, regardless of where they got the card from.

Status
Not open for further replies.