could I run dual monitors with GTX 980 TI?

I do just that, see my sig.
I learned something new about the GTX980ti.
It seems that it has a target temperature of about 80c, and it increases the clocks until it reaches that temperature.
It is built to handle that heat.
The second side monitor adds nothing to the gaming load.

SethS

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2013
Like skit75 said, it will not effect the performance, unless you are splitting, say a game on both. I believe you can have up to 4, but I think you can have only 1 non displayport conection when doing that. If you only have 2, then it can be any. example: hdmi & vga; vga&dvi; diplayport&hdmi ext..

Gaming just doesn't work on two monitors. If you wanted your gaming to appear on both monitors, the signal would be delivered in parallel, via the cable/splitter or via the "Duplicate this Display" in your resolution settings. The video card will not render for both monitors. :)

plrbear1028

Reputable
Jun 27, 2014

I actually have this monitor right now ;

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236313&cm_re=248qe-_-24-236-313-_-Product

I want to get another one, so I can do my homework on one and Netflix or a movie on the other. But sometimes Chrome on one and gaming on the other. I notice that DVI D is on the 980 TI card and a DVI I, there's only DVI D on the monitor, so should I get the DVI D to DVI I converter ?

EDIT: hdmi to DVI I converter ?

No need; dvi-I and dvi-d are both digital connections. DVI-I has 4 additional pins meant to accommodate analog vga displays.

Just connect one with hdmi(you will get sound out also if you want), and the other to the dvi-I port.

I particularly like two identical monitors. It lets you seamlessly drag windows from one to another.

Gaming will be directed to the primary monitor.
Possibly there might be some games that support dual monitors; it is a game function. I think FSX might be one.