1080p 60hz (Or better) Cheap Gaming Monitor

vanpopm12

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2015
Hey guys,

Was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on cheap but still good quality monitor for 1080p gaming that have either 60hz or better. If allowed better hz that'd be great. Probably don't want to break the $200 barrier if possible and still be able to run most games today with a pretty decent gaming build.

XMorsX

Honorable
Feb 2, 2013
The latter is 1440p, it is made for image editors. Disregard it.

The first one has tilt only base but a glossy coating. The other two have better stands but heavier matte coatings. The P has a better bezel and can be overclocked in comparison to U, the latter has a factory calibration though for better color presets.

All of them minus the last one are good options, I suggest the S2415H.

XMorsX

Honorable
Feb 2, 2013

No it is not a point of concern as long as no direct sunlight hits on top of it, which should not be the case anyway.

Many glossy monitors use edge-to-edge glass, this is the reason that they have so strong reflections. This Dell does not use it, so the reflections are being kept at a minimum.

With matte coating you gain a bit better anti-reflective property, but you also get a more hazy picture, with less clarity and less vibrant colors.

shaqblogs2011

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Great. Thanks!
I will probably get this over the weekend.

I am considering replacing the stands. Any particular recommendations? Couple of choices would be great since I tend to have limited options back here.
Will have a look while purchasing, if the stands on the monitor are not so great then I will replace them.