Corsair H80i GT water cooler and AMD FX-8350 temperature

lgoodwn12

Reputable
Dec 25, 2014
I have an AMD FX-8350 with a corsair h80i gt AIO water cooler and I thought my temperatures would be lower than what they are. On Corsair link it says that ASUSTeK Motherboard CPU Temp is in between 38 and 40 at idle but there is another spot that says my AMD fx 8350 15.5 c but on CPUID Hardware Monitor pro 36-40. don't know which temp my cpu is actually running at? I have an asus m5a99x Mobo. If i didn't put enough Arctic Silver 5 thermal paste on, in between the CPU and the pump can it run a little hot? At load using 3dmark benchmark it got up to like 60 is that good or bad? And everything was set to performance mode on corsair link. 2 stock fans one pushing one pulling.

I've heard a number of people say htat with a closed loop cooler like yours, the airflow over the motherboard is somewhat reduced. That reduces the cooling capacity for other components on the motherboard that are usually a lot hotter since the high-end AMD processors draw so much more current - 125W for yours and up to 220W for the FX-9590. That extra current heats up the VRMs etc. and they don't get cooled enough with the focused cooling of the AIO liquid cooler on the processor chip.

lgoodwn12

Reputable
Dec 25, 2014

I have a very large case it is a DIY PC skyline case but I understand what you're saying I would probably be better off taking off the back fan and putting it on the back of the case so that I have more room in the case. I haven't even started to overclock the processor yet it is still at 4 GHz with Turbo enabled at 4.2 GHz. I have five fans in the case right now I had to take one of the side fans off because of clearance with the side panel up against the Corsair cooler.My main question is are them okay temperatures in between 30 and 40 at idle and up to 60 so far on like a two-minute benchmark.