Dual Monitors or LG Ultrawide for programming and work, and some gaming

Mrslickndangerous

Reputable
Jul 22, 2015
I need to choose between adding a monitor to my existing setup to make it dual or to just buy an LG ultrawide 29". I do programming, I am a student, as well as other assignments, and some casual gaming on the side. What would you guys recommend.

Manish Tewari

Reputable
Jul 10, 2014
To replace dual monitor productivity, 34'' is recommended.

At 34”, you start to have more than enough room to work, and resolutions like 3440 x 1440 give you enough space to open up three or four browser windows, documents, or applications side-by-side or tiled without text getting too small to read and menus impossible to navigate. Plus, since the 34” ultrawides are usually flagship models, they include all the ports and connectors you’d ever need, VESA-compatible mounting, auto-rotating and fully adjustable stands.

The Bottom Line: If You Have the Cash, 34” are a Great Alternative to Multiple Monitors

for 29", naah - not much, Imagine what additional real state you can have with 34".

But if you still want to go with 29er LG 29UM65 29” would be best choice; for 34" LG 34UM95(I know its almost double the price).

Mrslickndangerous

Reputable
Jul 22, 2015

Is ultrawide that much superior in terms of productivity because of the single monitor? My other option is 2 23" monitors.