LG - 24GM77 vs Asus VG248QE?

Andyboy96

Honorable
Sep 21, 2014
I am looking for a new affordable 144hz monitor. I've come down to two monitors, LG - 24GM77 and Asus VG248QE.
I know many people say that the Asus model suffers from poor colors, but I don't think it will be to much of a problem. I can just get a better color profile and do some tweaking maybe.
I wonder what monitor is best . Not just for gaming, but also for viewing video/film.

Solution
LG is miles ahead. You cannot achieve much better colors with the Asus than the presets, given that it is the quality of the panel that is also lacking. It is also using PWM dimming, which causes motion blur and health issues, like headaches and eye sores.

LG does not use PWM dimming and has consistently good color presets and contrast.

XMorsX

Honorable
Feb 2, 2013
LG is miles ahead. You cannot achieve much better colors with the Asus than the presets, given that it is the quality of the panel that is also lacking. It is also using PWM dimming, which causes motion blur and health issues, like headaches and eye sores.

LG does not use PWM dimming and has consistently good color presets and contrast.

Solution

Andyboy96

Honorable
Sep 21, 2014

I'll be going for the LG then, thanks a lot for the reply :)