Can I downgrade my ps3 to 3.66?

CreationP

Honorable
Jun 7, 2013
You cannot downgrade it. You are pretty much stuck with it. There are things you can do but they require aftermarket hardware tools, chips and advanced tools. You also need to be risky enough to brake your ps3.

My opinion: Don't do it!

the only way to do that would be to mod it and im not even sure if there is a way to mod it any more. if you did decide to mod it you can run the risk of sony banning your PSN account if that is any concern to you

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador

PS3 downgrading is very useful for CFW, I've done it and I really turned the thing into a dream console.

However It's godawful and pointless for Ubuntu.

CFW is only possible for 3.55 and below.

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador

To be fair with the right and proper precautions you actually are quite safe but many don't so it becomes very risky. I played multiplayer for over a year just fine and then sold it.

as i understand it mate sony dont ban straight away they ban on mass much like microsoft did with the chipped xboxes.
sony have repeatedly said that any modifications to the hardware will result in a ban so it may just be that they havent got round to it yet.
but hey if he wants to take the risk and will get some benefit from it. all i can say is there is a risk, so be aware of it.

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador

Yeah I know but you can properly spoof, active fake OFW and remove every important trace of CFW and this is something that almost no one does before going online.

If things didn't change then the last ban wave was all the way back in 2012/13?

Anyways you are right, that's true. Best thing is to stay offline with CFW.

lol right, like Sony is not updating PSN all the time to combat stuff like that

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador
Maybe, but this is such an old post you're responding to lol.

I followed the scene a lot between 2013-2015, and carefully read about what Sony was doing. Found nothing alarming within that time and always got away with it, even playing online and such with said ''counter-measures'' until I sold it that year.