[SOLVED] Getting my Snow leopard on to my new Windows 8.1 build

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperDudeMan64

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
I've been wanting to get a new desktop for years, and finally get away from just using my laptop for all the design and gaming I do. The hardest part for me has been picking between sticking with Mac or fully committing to Windows. I've decided to get the best of both worlds and and partition my SSD for both operating systems!

I wanted to post my build list here to double check that everything will be compatible with both the OS, and to ask if you guys have a good way to get both of them on the same SSD.

Please pick at this and let me know what I should swap out or what programts to use to add the OS's. This project is still a few months out due too expenses.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/yh8qMp

CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard: MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Sniper Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card
Case: Azza SIRIUS ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair CSM 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit)

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-24 11:25 EDT-0400

Solution
I'd like to point out to everyone that only discussion of hardware compatibility is allowed here at Tom's.
Any discussion of actually installing the OS is not allowed and the ban hammers are primed and ready.

With that being out of the way, Superdude, the V300 ssd is the worste SSD on the market today. Kingston swapped parts after initial good reviews came out and turned a good drive into the slowest one you can find. Grab anything else and it will be better. {now you know why its so cheap}

popatim

Titan
I'd like to point out to everyone that only discussion of hardware compatibility is allowed here at Tom's.
Any discussion of actually installing the OS is not allowed and the ban hammers are primed and ready.

With that being out of the way, Superdude, the V300 ssd is the worste SSD on the market today. Kingston swapped parts after initial good reviews came out and turned a good drive into the slowest one you can find. Grab anything else and it will be better. {now you know why its so cheap}

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.