Ghosting issue question

Niteowl71

Reputable
Apr 19, 2015
I just upgraded from a HP w2207 LCD panel monitor to a LG 24MB35PY-B IPS monitor and color wise and picture quality its great but I'm noticing a lot of ghosting lets say when scroll up or down on a page like OCN that I didn't notice with my old 1680x1050 monitor and was wondering if there's a fix for it or am I S.O.L? Would going from DVI-D to DisplayPort fix the issue? I've also notice alot more screen tearing while playing WoW or Tera, I'm only able to OC the monitor to 71Hz which I thought would fix the issue I haven't tried Vsync which I read would fix the issue some but not all so any thoughts or suggestions?

Solution
Ghosting is not a problem in modern monitors. You're limited to 16.67 ms of pixel response time regardless how low it appears to be, or regardless how low the manufacturers list the spec as. The frame will be ready before you can even see it on screen, so forget lower is better. That is a thing of the past.

Going from DVI-D to DisplayPort is not going to solve anything. They're both digital signals. There is no inbetween, meaning it's either working, or it's not working.

Reset ýour monitor overclock, and come back to us with the updated results. By overclocking a monitor, you force the components inside to work harder. This can damage your monitor, and it can also cause instability and create various artifacts.

You will always get...
Ghosting is not a problem in modern monitors. You're limited to 16.67 ms of pixel response time regardless how low it appears to be, or regardless how low the manufacturers list the spec as. The frame will be ready before you can even see it on screen, so forget lower is better. That is a thing of the past.

Going from DVI-D to DisplayPort is not going to solve anything. They're both digital signals. There is no inbetween, meaning it's either working, or it's not working.

Reset ýour monitor overclock, and come back to us with the updated results. By overclocking a monitor, you force the components inside to work harder. This can damage your monitor, and it can also cause instability and create various artifacts.

You will always get the same amount of tearing on any 60 hz display (59.94 Hz). That is a fact, and will never change. The only way to get rid of screen tearing is by enabling V-sync, G-sync (Nvidia), FreeSync (AMD).

Solution

Niteowl71

Reputable
Apr 19, 2015

You will always get the same amount of tearing on any 60 hz display (59.94 Hz). That is a fact, and will never change. The only way to get rid of screen tearing is by enabling V-sync, G-sync (Nvidia), FreeSync (AMD).
Tried the resetting the of the OC prior to posting even deleted the custom setting and going native and still an issue. I only get the ghosting really when scrolling up or down on a web sited like a forum. Not sure if that's normal I never had a 1080 monitor this is the first so wasn't sure if there was a setting I missed that would fix it. As for the tearing I expected that with a 60Hz monitor so that's not really the issue just the qhosting effect of words and stuff when scrolling.

That is not supposed to happen.

*Reinstall your graphics card drivers:

- Nvidia: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
- AMD: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

* Try updating/or different browser.

*Update flash player

Edit: I could be on the wrong track here. If it's just ghosting, and not tearing, ignore what I said. The "ghosting" is the result of a 60 Hz refresh rate's pixel response time limit. As mentioned above, it's eevery 16.67 ms.

Niteowl71

Reputable
Apr 19, 2015
That is not supposed to happen.

*Reinstall your graphics card drivers:

- Nvidia: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
- AMD: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

* Try updating/or different browser.

*Update flash player

Edit: I could be on the wrong track here. If it's just ghosting, and not tearing, ignore what I said. The "ghosting" is the result of a 60 Hz refresh rate's pixel response time limit. As mentioned above, it's eevery 16.67 ms

In gaming I see no ghosting really but then again all I really play is WoW it's only when scrolling up and down on web sites. I use Fire fox so I'll try Explorer and see how it is as for what you recommend I'll give what you suggested a try. The tearing issue I expected going with a 60Hz but with Vsync on I don't see it much only a loss if fps but staying at a steady 60fps so not complaing.

TRENDING THREADS