If i upgrade to windows 10 will i be able to use all my programs and games without any problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dansaj

Honorable
Dec 26, 2014
If i upgrade to windows 10 will i be able to use all my programs and games without any problems(Battlefield 4 ,minecraft etc)

I need to use programs such as Photoshop daily and i would like to upgrade to windows 10 asap.
So i would like tot know if they will still work.
I am planning on upgrading and preferably not clean installing.

Solution
There are drivers available now for the GPU, I'm just saying check them after the upgrade completes to see if you need to update them with the newer versions.

Ryarwood99

Reputable
Oct 26, 2014
Well, in theory, yes they should all work. In practice? not so much. Popular programs like Photoshop should work. Games it's harder to tell for one reason: DRIVERS, there have been complaints about driver compatibility issues. Now remember this is just beta but, it is not guaranteed to have all of your drivers or support for all applications, that will take time. Hope this helped :)

It should work (no guarantees). The upgrade assistant checks the system and will notify you of any problems or programs that need to be uninstalled before the upgrade can go through. Programs that are retained should work though there's always the chance something goes wrong.

Which version of Windows are you currently running? Upgrade is supported from 8.1 or 7 SP1.

Dansaj

Honorable
Dec 26, 2014

I am using SP1 yes

Gamer Cat

Reputable
May 11, 2015
Possibly games released in the years 2014 and 2015 will most likely not run into any problems since they are fairly new. I would imagine games released in 2015 would not have any issues since they are new. XD

Anyway, as the others pointed out, games will or will not have issues.

Regular programs, like photoshop, most likely will not run into any issues, but it is still likely.

Like the other poster said, drivers might need to be checked. There are new Win 10 compatible drivers from AMD and Nvidia for newer cards (beta drivers from Intel if that matters) but if the upgrade holds over older drivers from the previous installation those might need to be reinstalled.

Dansaj

Honorable
Dec 26, 2014

Thank you for you answer :)

Dansaj

Honorable
Dec 26, 2014

Okay thanks :)

Dansaj

Honorable
Dec 26, 2014

Should upgrade straight away or should I wait a while for drivers ?

Dansaj

Honorable
Dec 26, 2014

Allright thanks again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS