Dual boot question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution

Partitions.
But, if you install the new OS with the old drive and OS still installed and connected, you will have the same boot menu.

If you were to install the new OS without the old drive connected, you would not have that, and would have to choose what to boot into fromt he BIOS boot menu.

USAFRet

Titan
This is my Win 10 testing box, from early in the Tech Preview days:
rjNm8nR.jpg

USAFRet

Titan

Partitions.
But, if you install the new OS with the old drive and OS still installed and connected, you will have the same boot menu.

If you were to install the new OS without the old drive connected, you would not have that, and would have to choose what to boot into fromt he BIOS boot menu.

Solution

PCnoobwiz

Reputable
Jul 10, 2015

Basically just have both ssd's connected when installing windows 10 to the other ssd will generate the boot menu? Will windows 10 become default os automatically once installed?

USAFRet

Titan

Yes. The Win 10 will be the default, at 30 seconds. Easily changed for default OS or time.

However...Are you purchasing Windows 10, or upgrading your current Win 7?

PCnoobwiz

Reputable
Jul 10, 2015

I'm keeping my windows 7 pro 64bit on the original ssd for compatibility reasons and buying a copy of windows 10 pro for the new ssd.

PCnoobwiz

Reputable
Jul 10, 2015

Hello again, could you help me with another question i had about dual booting in another thread?http://

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS