Thank you everybody

synario

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
After probably 6 months of endless debating and planning, I've finally built my dream PC.

I've posted hundreds of threads, getting on everybodys nerves, but this would not have been possible with all your help. +)

synario

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
If you guys are curious, its an i5 4590, 8gb of ram, and r9 290.

Extremely beautiful system.

Only thing that I'm concerned about is it says I only have 5.94 of available ram, out of 8gb. That's a huge disappointment.

i also haven't updated my BIOS at all, and would rather not screw around with it considering i haven't had any issues with my PC at all, whatsoever.

synario

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/pndzrH

I know the PSU Is a bit weak but I plan to upgrade it in two weeks. the 550w should keep me afloat till then.

I got a really good deal on the mobo, it costs like 300, only payed 110.

I used the HD, power supply and optical drive from my old PC. Paid 500 total for all the other parts.

Got windows 7 for free from my University

paid 240 for the r9 290 from a guy off of craigslist. (its in perfect condition)

synario

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
not sure. I just know I want it to be 750w at least.

However I'm dreading it since it took me like two days to build the pc, and I am not looking forward to needing to redo all that wiring again with a new PSU. LOL

Yonose

Distinguished

There is no need for you to buy a PSU at the moment, i'll rather wait until you getting a second GPU.
I would rather advice you to buy another RAM stick or a SSD.

synario

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
despite the recommended 750w you think I'm alright?

ALSO any thoughts on what I said about the computer saying under task manager that I only have 5.6gb available physical memory or so?

Is that normal?

Yonose

Distinguished

It says i have 4GB physical memory, (4GB is installed).
I dont know how to fix your RAM problem tho.

synario

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
I absolutely know I have a sapphire r9 290 Tri-X OC edition,

Based on the look of the card, and the writing on it.

HOWEVER, it's kinda lame how no matter what, it's impossible to figure out ONLINE what specific card I have.

It just says, 'Radeon R9 200 series'.

I've looked everywhere (including dxdiag)