Looking for opinions, suggestions, and comments on my homebuild.

fatmark801

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
To start out, I would just like to thank everyone ahead of time for helping me out.

So my questions, will everything work together? Am I forgetting anything? I don't really do this, my original home build I got off these forums is still running strong 6 years later. Figured I would upgrade it before it does die, but I am a truck driver and building computers isn't my strong point. Either is grammar, sorry if my punctuations are off. Want to know that I am doing it right.

I am not really a gamer. I do like to spend countless hours browsing the web and this is mainly a source of television via Hulu and Netflix. I know it may be overkill for that, but why not. I do some occasion medium duty gaming that normally includes multitasking via web, YouTube, movies or music.

-Corsair Obsidian Series 350D Performance Micro ATX Computer Case with Windowed Side Panel CC-9011029-WW
(Adequate cooling? Should I invest in additional fans for it as it is capable of supporting more? I feel weird that it doesn't have one on the side of my case like my older Cool Master does.)
-Gigabyte AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gbps USB 3.0 ATX DDR3 1600 Motherboards GA-970A-DS3P
(Anyone know how the audio is on this guy? I can't find much where I am purchasing it from. I don't know if external sound cards are still a thing.)
-AMD FD6300WMHKBOX FX-6300 6-Core Processor Black Edition
(Should I upgrade the cooling fan for this, or stick with what it comes with? I do not plan to overclock it.)
-WD Green 2TB Desktop Hard Drive: 3.5-inch, SATA 6 Gb/s, IntelliPower, 64MB Cache WD20EZRX
(I am not a heavy gamer or anything, would it be best to just create a partition on this drive for Windows or should I get an additional HDD or possibly a SSD to run Windows and programs and have the second for storage?)
-Gigabyte GTX 750 GDDR5-2GB 2xDVI-I/DVI-D/2xHDMI OC Graphics Card GV-N750OC-2GI
(Like the output options over EVGA. Right now I do dual DVI out to 2 televisions. It's an old GTX 275, I don't know if it's DVI-I or D. I could easily switch 1 to HDMI so I thought this card would be my best option.)
-Corsair Vengeance 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR3 1600 MHz PC3 12800 240-Pin DDR3 Dual Channel Memory Kit (CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9)
(Being that I am not a heavy gamer or anything, would I have any benefit to going with 16GB bs 8GB of memory?)
-LG Electronics 14x Internal BDXL Blu-Ray Burner Rewriter WH14NS40 - Bulk Drive - Black
(No intention of writing Blu-Rays, but it would be nice to watch them on my computer.)
-Corsair CX Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS Bronze ATX12V/EPS12V 744 Power Supply CX750M
(I thought I would go with 750 to be safe, with my build though will 600 be enough?)
-Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit System Builder OEM
(What does everyone have against Windows 8? I may consider going with 8, I won't be building this for a few months.)

With a Logitech Mk520 wireless mouse and keyboard, I am looking at $815. I don't think that it's half bad considering I kind of mirrored a build that was $700 and upgraded it to my own preferences. Trying to keep everything below $900.

Let me know what you all think, or what I could improve on. I really do appreciate all the help I can get.

Mark T.