FPS drops with my build(core i5 4440 and gtx 970)

kinglock

Reputable
Jul 27, 2015
So 3 days ago i built a PC and downloaded planetside 2 and rocket league. They were running perfectly fine at maxed out setting at 60 fps and even higher. But yesterday I downloaded minecraft with shaders and i ran a scan with microsoft essentials security and found that i had a trojan and when i tried to play the other games(planetside 2 and rocket league) I was getting an AVG framerate of 20fps on both of them, making them both unplayable. Than after deleting the trojan and uninstalled minecraft with shaders and the file from were the trojan originated the problem still persisted and am still getting low fps on both games! Can someone tel me how to fix this major FPS drop?? Cause i am really frustrated. BTW I even uninstalled the gpu drivers and installed them again and i even made a system restore and defragmented the HDD too but still the problem isnt fixed. the temps are good for both the CPU and the GPU, so there is no overheating problem.

jbaker22

Honorable
Sep 22, 2013
In task manager you should find a task taking up a lot of ram and or cpu power. find that app and delete anything related to it. You can reinstall the os also.

kinglock

Reputable
Jul 27, 2015

kinglock

Reputable
Jul 27, 2015
i checked task manager and it seems that there are no apps that are compromising the performance. Can i reinstall the OS without using any disks?

datguy20

Honorable
Nov 6, 2013
I'd recommend scanning with AVG Free & Malwarebytes. Considering it said it found a trojan, there could very well be more nasties on the system.

Have you checked to see if you're using the GPU, as apposed to accidentally using the Intel graphics? Easy to test by looking at the load on your GPU while gaming.